Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oink oink!

So I started jogging about a month ago.

It occured to me (or well, my friend made it occur to me), who wants a fat/out of shape Doc? Wouldn't it be kinda silly to have a patient come in, who is obese, has diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia etc. etc and there I am, the Fat-Doc telling this patient,"you need to get in shape. Have you tired changing your diet? How about exercising a couple times a week? Start off with simply walking three-four times a week, 20-30 minutes a day, that shouldn't be too hard right?" And the patient is going to sit there, looking at me, with a raised eyebrow, thinking "mmmhmmm, and has SHE tried her own advice?"

Putting that aside, I've been pigging out on Pizza and Burger King the last three days, and after eating I do the worst thing ever! I take a nap out of the exhaustion of "eating". Sad sad sad.

So that's it. Today I woke up from my nap feeling as piggish and disgusted as ever, put on my jogging pants, sweatshirt and shoes and went out for a brisk jog - or well, a half walk half jog. And here I sit sweating and panting away, proud of myself for getting back at the routine after three days of being a piggy. As of tomorrow no more eating bad foods and taking a nap. More jogging and more healthy food eating!

Wish me luck!

- signing off,
Sleepless in Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment